Sydney & SUTHERLAND SHIRE
Found that perfect block of land but not sure where to start? We can help! Blue Build works with all trades to build your dream home from start to finish. From the design right through to completion we take your stress away, but you will still keep a foot in the door for all decision making. Knocking down? Don’t get your hands dirty! We can take care of every detail ensuring a personalised experience.
New Home Builds
When it comes to new home builds in Sydney, you deserve the best. Building a new home is one of life’s biggest achievements, and at Blue Build, we’re with you every step of the way. You deserve a Sydney builder that can translate your unique taste into an excellent design. Blue Build is a Sydney builder of high-quality workmanship and innovative design and will deliver you a property exclusive to you.
If you’ve made it this far, you probably have a good idea of what you’re looking for in your Sydney new home build, and at Blue Build, we’ve got a home to suit every family, budget and lifestyle in Sydney. Our expert consultants can help you decide which design or which home and land package is best for you. To make things even easier for you, we’ve listed a typical Sydney new home build process so you’ll know exactly what to expect, what you’ll need to do and how excited you should be at each step.
Our New Home Process
1. Site Inspection
Once you’ve met with our expert consultants and chosen your favourite home design we can schedule a site inspection. This will include:
- Visiting your land in Sydney
- Assessing the costs of building
- Our inspector will look at the location of services, the slope of the land, location of trees, access for trades and deliveries
From you, we will need:
- Your favourite home design/what you choose
- Detailed documentation of your block of land or land you’re thinking of buying. This includes the subdivision plan/site of your blog, a sewer diagram and a 149 certificate (zoning certificate from your local council).
After we’ve inspected your Sydney land, we’ll contact you to organise a meeting where we can present your new home proposal. This will include:
- Site costs (the cost to build on your specific block of land)
- Council and statutory requirements
- Any variations you may have requested to the standard Sydney home design
- Any value packages you may have selection
What we need from you:
- Any final changes you may require for your new home must be made at this point
- We advise you to speak with your finance manager to make sure you’re comfortable with your loan approval
You’ll be invited to Blue Build’s office so we can present your new home build plans and building agreement for you to sign. Here Blue Build:
- Prepares a full set of architectural drawings suitable for council
- Sign your building agreement and provide you with a copy
What we need from you:
- Your external colour choices, including bricks, roof materials, gutters, fascias, garage doors and windows. These all need to be selected so we can gain BASIX and send your plans to the council. But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own as one of our preferred brick suppliers will assist you in making your choices in completing your BASIX checklist
- Provide confirmation of land ownership
- Provide details of your financier and loan amount
- Professional landscape plan (only if required by the council)
4. Design Consultations
Your design consultations are when the fun truly begins. Our expert suppliers and in-house design consultants will help in selecting the right colours, fixtures, appliances and everything else needed to make your Sydney home a reality.
Appointments to be completed first with our external suppliers so you can choose the following:
- Kitchen design, layout and appliances
- An optional choice of window furnishings
Your design selection consultation will be held with one of Blue Build’s expert design consultants. At this meeting you’ll decide on:
- Security alarm
- Stairs – both internal and external
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom fixtures
- Kitchen fixtures
- Doors – both internal and externals
- Skirting board, architraves and cornices
- Internal paint colour(s)
Your third and final meeting for your Sydney new home build will be our electrical consultation where you will choose all electrical finishes including:
- Power outlets
- Light fittings
- Two-way switches
- Exhaust fans
The Blue Build team will gather reports from suppliers and deal with all the complicated paperwork before lodging a building application to the relevant council/certifier on your behalf. Here we:
- Gather all required reports which may include; thermal report, BASIX report, hydraulic report, structural engineering report, water board approvals, landscape plan, bushfire reports, acoustic reports, etc. Occasionally, additional reports may be required from you.
- Seek the approval of local authorities to commence
- Organise for a peg out survey
- Provide you with information on what you need to do to prepare for construction
What we need from you:
- Your three completed stages of colour selections
- If you’re a knockdown rebuild customer, you’ll need to lodge a demolition application (we can provide you the link) and have this demolition completed before Blue Build can commence construction. We highly recommend no demolition to take place until you have received council approval for your new home.
- Provide a letter from your lender saying building can commence
- Sign and return our validation latter and construction plan
Now it’s time to watch your Sydney home come to life! What do we do?
- Blue Build’s site coordinator will assess your Sydney site
- We’ll send you a copy of the approved construction plan. We’ll also let you know who your building supervisor and customer assistance representative are
- Now it gets really exciting as we begin site works including excavation, piering, pouring of the slab, frame delivery, brickwork and tiling
- Organise all mandatory inspections by third parties including the final inspection by the certifier and organise for all relevant documentation the certifying authority requires from Blue Build
What we need from you:
- You can request a site visit through your supervisor at numerous stages
- A final walkthrough of the home where your supervisor will present you with the finished design
- When you receive your occupation certificate all that’s left to do is move into your brand new home
7. Enjoy your new home
The big moment has finally arrived! Upon settlement, we’ll meet and present you with the keys to your new home, which is when you’ll officially experience all your dreams becoming a reality.
Why should you
Choose Blue Build for your new home build?
Blue Build provides you with honest, upfront advice about the viability of your new home build. With every project, we guarantee to deliver long-lasting and cost-effective results. Your new home will not only provide years of satisfaction, but will be high in value and provide more luxurious living.